Thursday 10 May 2012

Heart “felt” sorry

Please don’t groan …I know its a rubbish pun…at least I didn’t actually make a felt heart for my belated birthday card (for a cardmaker I am actually dreadful at remembering birthdays…on time!)…it was thanks to Less is More for actually steering me away from such a visual pun, this weeks challenge is Yellow  and I have to say a yellow felt heart just didn't look quite right…believe me I considered it…. but a lovely bright yellow flower will hopefully “re”gain me some brownie points with my Goddaughter ……particularly bad as her birthday is two days before mine.
DSC_0051
The flower was so simple to make….S1052609
six little petals cut from small squares of felt roughly stitched and gathered together, finished with a button (great for hiding very bad stitching!!). I only wish I had thought to attach it to a brooch back so it could be removed and attached onto a bag or something.
I have to say a big thank you for all the lovely good wishes we received for our Anniversary a couple of weeks ago, I showed my hubbie when I showed him the dedicated You tube clip!!  and he was astounded by such warm wishes….he didn't realise how friendly bloggie people are.
I have to share a pic of two cards I received…. the Anniversary card is from my hubbie it made me smile as I was tempted to sneakily submit it for L.I.M’s sketch last week, and Steve actually said not only does he now look for lovely words (he always chooses great words and often writes little poems….occasionally they are of the “girl stood on the burning deck” variety but at least they’re unique?!?) he now feels under pressure to choose something that looks handmade and naturally he went for CAS!!!!!!!!
DSC_0057
The birthday card is from my friend at work who is not an “official” cardmaker but she knows how passionate I am about creating cards from anything and she wanted to pay homage to the bunting workshop we are having at our Library (recycling book pages for the Jubilee!)…the card is excellent and she said she had such fun making it…truly superb Eugenie….thank you so much!
Sorry I didn’t get to join in with L.I.M last week, things stacked up against me…mainly the fact my dishwasher and my washing machine ganged up on me and both went on strike… aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhh…so it was back to basics and doing things by hand…..ridiculously time consuming………………
but normal service has now been resumed…god bless the repair man and his trusty van of spare parts!


16 comments:

Bea said...

lovely bright flower - definately not a shrinking violet Lol!

Suze Bain said...

I am loving your felt flower Diane, your goddaughter will love it. Belated birthday wishes to you too! xx

Chrissie said...

That's a pretty felt flower Di, it looks so cheery on your card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Unknown said...

Great card Di - I love working with felt and it die cuts so well - this is so fresh and I'm sure your goddaughter appreciated it - albeit a little late. Eugenie's card was brilliant so please tell her how well she did......

Jose said...

Gorgoues card, like a ray of sunshine!

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card, your felt flower looks fab! Hugs, Lisa x

Jenny said...

What a bummer they both broke down...or you could have used one to do the others job !!!
The bright yellow flower is just perfect Diane, love a bit of texture on a card. Cute how the sentiment pops out from underneath the felt too :0)
Jenny x

kingstonmama said...

Oh, dishes by hand is one thing, but clothes, too? Glad the repairman visited! :) I love your cheery felt flower. It looks great. Ann Y.

Toulouse said...

I must give felt a try, your yellow flower is so teriffic!

Elaine said...

Great idea to use felt for the flower - it's a lovely bright and cheerful card!!

Liz McGuire, said...

This is so pretty, and thanks for the little tutorial,

Liz x

Mandi said...

Oh sewing Di! lol
superb flower, love the dimension
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

anja said...

oh this card is beautiful, i love the tags behind the flower

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Lovely LIM card, and such a good idea to use felt for your flower. Thank you for your visit and your kind comments. xx Maggie

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

PS I hope the weather over in Norfolk is going to be good from the end of next week, as we are heading that way with friends and our two caravans. The last time we cam that way, we got drowned out, so we are hoping for better this time. xx Maggie

Aileen said...

Lovely felt flower. Gorgeous bright colour. I like your placement of the sentiment. x

Post a Comment