Thursday 12 January 2012

Purple and Poorly

No I am not purple (that’s for “Less is more”) but I am a bit blue because I well and truly have a “cold/flu/bug/virus??”… but still the cardmaking must go on and I have a card to make for a sixteen year old niece, plus I desperately wanted to join in with not only Less is More’s Predominately Purple challenge but also a challenge I have never joined in with before. St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge is a super idea where we can join in the fun and also if desired donate cards for them to sell for their worthwhile cause. As this months challenge is to reuse something on your card I had to join in as all my cards for my blog are made entirely with reused items, I only allow myself cardstock and glue to be bought specifically for the purpose.


S1052319







…………………DREADFUL!!!!!!!


I am completely happy with the idea that a card made for someone can be completely simple ……don’t get me wrong I LOVE playing with papers and techniques but honestly sometimes this doesn’t suit the recipient and I don’t think spending hours on a card (and boy have I spent hours on some cards!!!) means the card is more justified, I think people truly appreciate the gesture and it is a case of tailoring the card to the recipient ….BUT if it is going to be simple…it needs to be as perfect as possible and that manky row of bows clearly shows I have had one to many sips of cough mixture.


The ribbon was an “upcycled” piece (I think it was the hangy bit from inside some pyjamas…by the way who hangs up pyjamas???!!!) but it was single sided satin (which didn’t tie well) and I sniffed and snuffled throughout the procedure and quite honestly the bows look dreadful….so with that in mind …I give in…a lemsip and my sofa is calling and I will have to start again when I don’t need to keep permanently reaching for a tissue. Vicky the card might be a bit late!!


oh and …. I don't know why… I have a hang up with numbers on cards….often only comfortable with the written form…..am I batty?


Hope you all have a lovely …and germ free day!!



17 comments:

GinaA said...

Love the design idea, I think the number as a word is a great and the white on purple really stands out. Hope you are feeling better.

Jen said...

Well I love it , get well soon.
jenjoy x

Chanray said...

very nice card,I love it!

Chrissie said...

I wouldn't call those bows manky. They look fine and at least when using a bow maker you can keep one sided ribbon with the right side facing in the correct orientation.
Great design.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Karen Petitt said...

Oh dear Diane, you are suffering much - and I know exactly how you feel - I have the same thing. It's fugged my brain and my cards are not as good as usual this week! Love this card - it's a perfect CAS and OLC and very stylish to boot. I can't see any faults in it but as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hugs Karen x

Mandi said...

It's not dreadful, it very attractive in it;s simplicity
Just what we like!

Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Deborah Frings said...

I do hope you're feeling better soon. This is not "dreadful" - it's simple and elegant. The bows are all the same size, the sentiment as a word stands out. Lovely!

Deborah Frings said...

I should also say thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Love the design Diane, and the bows look absolutely fine on my computer screen! I really like the "written" age idea - it looks classy.

Hope you're feeling better soon - Sylvia x

Suze Bain said...

I really like this card Diane, it's perfect for a sixteen year old (and the written number's great - might have to pinch that idea!). Hope you're over the worst of your cold. Take care. xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi diane
Fabby card..... Love The simplicity
Off it Thanks for joining in St. Lukes This month
Hugs Sylvie xx

Jenny said...

Love the row of bows (not easy to say quickly!)
You know, I've never thought of having the number as a word on a card!
Jenny x

Julie said...

I've come to realise that if a card is well constructed and meaningful then someone will like it even if it's not your favourite.
Your niece is sure to love this one after all - you made it for her!
It looks rather grown up and implies she's older now! She's sure to love that!
I really like your card.

Aileen said...

I can't see anything wrong with the bows. They look great against the dark card stock and I love the written number. x

Stamps and Paper said...

Great use of the ribbon....love all the bows. Thank you for supporting St LUkes....hope you soon start to feel better

Anne

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Haven't been to visit in a while, but have had a look to see how you are doing, apart from the germs, looks like you have been doing really well, beautiful cards here, INCLUDING this one :)

Tara Cardwell said...

Well our challenge was tailor made for you - I love that you only buy card and glue - very inspirational!
This is a really lovely card - I love the number as a word instead of a number - makes it very different. I too hate those silly ribbons so have a huge stash of them but as nearly everything I wear is black or teal, my colours are pretty limited!
Thanks for playing along at St Lukes.
Tara (aka Craftilicious)
St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge Founder

Post a Comment