Monday 7 February 2011

Happiness

Not a great photo...to be honest not a great card. I had in mind a design to use for the brand new challenge site Less is More, and as my resolution this year is to try and keep my cards simple I thought I would have a go... albeit with a budget make.
Possibly that is where the problem arose. I would have been happier stamping and using my punches for this. The theme of the challenge was black white and pink. The only heart sequins I had were quite a strong pink (yes I am one of those sad people at parties and weddings who gather up the table confetti at the end!) and the scrap ribbon I had, didn't really go...I should have stuck to all black.

To compensate for not being able to stamp the back detail I drew round a penny which did help create some uniformity...used an ordinary Berol handwriting pen but a smaller tipped graphic pen would have most probably worked better for such fine detail.

I am also trying to rein in on using to many new card blanks and use up some of the many off cuts that I have. I used two 10cm X 21cm pieces (I have many of these as I tend to make my own dl blanks from A4 so these are the left over pieces). I scored a 1cm hinge on the back black piece and attached the white front panel (this then had to be trimmed down slightly) I carried the faux stitching detail down the spine.
A simple sentiment printed in word finished the card....It was when I saw Creative Craft Challenge had a Hearts and flowers theme I decided to enter there as well but although my sequins formed stylised flowers I thought it should include another flower to qualify but bearing in mind Less is more it had to be subtle .... I found a little free clipart flower formed from heart shapes which I used as a watermark behind the word... and funnily enough, I really liked this one little element.
Finally I might enter this for PolkaDoodles With Heart challenge....I haven't used their products so it might not qualify but I have a big soft spot for Polka Doodle products (I once won a competition in Simply Cards Mag and I am sure using Nicky's great art work helped). It was lovely to visit their blog again. I could spend hours hopping around all the brilliant blogs out there...but if I did that I wouldn't have time to make cards or ....wash my mouth out ....do any housework!!!


6 comments:

Chrissie said...

I don't like to waste scraps either Diane,'good on ya' for using them up. I like to do that also!
This looks great and it was good to see how you went about making it too!
I really hope you'll be able to join us for our next challenge too, so do check back on Saturday!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Colette said...

Lovely clean and simple card and great way to use up scraps, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week. Good Luck! Colette xx

Nikbee said...

A wonderful clean and simple card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.

Nikki x

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

A very effective card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card - so crisp and clean - Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges. Bev x

Fliss said...

Really gorgeous card and love the simplicity of it.
Thanks for joining in with Polka Doodles hearts challenge and hope to see you again.
x

Post a Comment